If you’ve taken advantage of our offer for 30 percent off professional whitening, you’re probably thrilled with your beautifully bright results. You’ll want to maintain your white teeth as long as you can! Fortunately, there are things you can do to keep your smile looking great.
If you haven’t yet whitened your teeth with our help, call Butte Family Dental at 406-565-4458. You can receive 30 percent off an in-office treatment where we do all the work for you ($250) or convenient at-home whitening ($179). Both methods offer better results than you can get using drugstore products.
Use these tips to maintain your bright smile:
- Quit Smoking – Nicotine can do a real number on teeth, making them yellow or brown. Stopping this habit isn’t easy, but your teeth will certainly look better. In fact, your overall oral health will improve. Smokers are twice as likely to get gum disease as non-smokers, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Don’t Brush Too Hard – Daily brushing helps keep teeth white – but it’s important not to brush too hard. If you’re overly aggressive, you can damage enamel to the point where the yellow dentin inside your teeth becomes visible. Always use a soft-bristled toothbrush and brush gently.
- Minimize Your Exposure to Staining – Sadly, many foods and beverages can stain your teeth, like coffee, soda, red wine, and tomato sauces. Use a straw when sipping dark-colored liquids, if you can, and rinse your mouth out with water after consuming staining substances.
- Drink Lots of Water – Water does a good job of rinsing away residue that stains teeth. Bonus: it’s good for you too! Fresh fruits and vegetables contain lots of water, plus their fibrous texture can help scrub away stains.
- Schedule Regular Cleanings – We remove surface stains from your teeth during a professional cleaning and polish them up so they look and feel great. See us twice a year for cleanings.
- Use a Whitening Toothpaste – We can recommend whitening toothpastes for you. Or you can try a homemade whitening formula: mix a bit of baking soda with hydrogen peroxide to form a paste. Brush gently for two minutes, then leave on your teeth another minute or two. Since the paste is abrasive, we recommend using it only once a week.
Ready to whiten your teeth at 30 percent off? Call 406-565-4458 for an appointment in Butte, MT.