The importance of regular dental care cannot be overstated. Even if you take good care of your teeth at home, it is vital to your oral health to come see us at Butte Family Dental for a professional dental cleaning and dental exam at least twice a year. This gives us the opportunity to clean and examine your teeth and gums thoroughly.
Call our Butte, MT dentist office today at 406-565-4458 to schedule your next dental exam and dental cleaning appointment. Even if it’s been awhile since your last dentist visit, you’re sure to feel relaxed in our guilt-free, friendly office.
What You Can Expect at Your Dental Cleaning and Dental Exam
When you come in for a professional dental cleaning, we will take care of any pain you may be in first. Then, we will:
- Remove the problem-causing plaque from your teeth
- Get rid of any tartar buildup
- Clean between your teeth
- Give you a complete oral exam, including digital X-rays
After your dental exam, you and your dentist will lay out a plan for any further treatment you may need.
In addition to your regular dental cleaning, we may recommend a fluoride treatment or sealants to protect your teeth from future decay. Fluoride gel or varnish is applied directly to your teeth to strengthen your enamel. A sealant is painted on your teeth as a barrier to resist plaque. Sometimes we prescribe medication to help prevent decay or infection.
Nonsurgical Gum Disease Therapy
Gum disease, or periodontal disease, is the number one reason adults lose their teeth. Some symptoms you should look for are:
- Sore, Red Gums
- Bleeding Gums After Brushing
- Gum Recession
- Pockets in Your Gums
- Loose, Shifting Teeth
To prevent and treat gum disease, we can offer two nonsurgical therapies:
- Scaling and Root Planing – We will numb your mouth to keep you comfortable while we do a deep cleaning below the gumline. After removing plaque and tartar from your gums, we’ll clean your tooth roots to keep bacteria from forming there.
- Tray Delivery Systems – These trays are made from custom impressions of your teeth, much like those used for teeth whitening. You place the medication that we prescribe in the trays and simply wear them around the house for a little while each day.
We will evaluate your specific condition and recommend gum disease treatment based on our findings.