Are you afraid to go to the dentist? At Butte Family Dental in Butte, MT, we know you are not alone. Many people struggle with dental anxiety. You may be a little nervous, fearing the unknown, or you may be so gripped with fear that you have put off going to the dentist for a long time.
No matter where you are on that scale, our comfort options and dental sedation can help you get past your dental fear. Call our office today to talk about relieving dental anxiety and how we can help you feel at ease while you are in our chair.
How We Help Relieve Your Dental Anxiety
- Our Compassionate Staff – We will welcome you warmly and help you get relief from the dental anxiety and pain you may be having. We help fearful patients all the time, and we know that simple things such as talking you through your treatment and simply not judging you can make you feel more comfortable.
- Private Operatories – If you are feeling vulnerable and self-conscious, we have private rooms available for your treatment. Your privacy and sense of security are important to us.
- Sedation Dentistry – Our ability to sedate nervous patients has made dentistry more accessible to those who struggle with fear. Before we do anything, we will spend some time gathering your medical history and discussing your anxiety level before deciding which type of sedation you may need.
Three Levels of Dental Sedation
Not every person’s level of dental anxiety is the same. That’s why we offer three levels of sedation for your ultimate comfort:
- Nitrous Oxide – Nitrous oxide is an inhaled sedative that you probably know as laughing gas. This level of sedation will make you feel very relaxed, but you will remain conscious. When you are finished, the effects of nitrous wear off within minutes.
- Oral Sedation – For a deeper level of conscious sedation than nitrous oxide, a pill is taken about an hour prior to your procedure to help you relax. You are still aware of your dental appointment, but you are more relaxed and may even become very sleepy.
- IV Sedation – A quick and predictable sedation option, we can control the level of IV sedation throughout your procedure. It enables us to put you to sleep within a minute, so you can get your dental work done without having to battle fear the entire time. We are also able to get more treatments completed in one visit.
Find the Key to Dental Anxiety Relief at Butte Family Dental
If you suffer from dental anxiety but are ready to get your oral health back on track, we are here to help. Call our Butte, MT dentist office today at 406-565-4458 to come in and discuss sedation dentistry, relieving dental anxiety in Butte, MT or set your appointment. Our online form is another way you can ask us questions regarding your treatment and schedule an appointment.