At Butte Family Dental, our dentists are equipped to perform individual and full-mouth teeth extractions / tooth removal in our office. Even though keeping your adult teeth for a lifetime is ideal, there are times when removing a tooth is necessary.
We handle both nonsurgical and surgical tooth extractions right here in-house, including third molars (wisdom teeth), and we offer dental sedation for your comfort.In fact, we are the premier Butte dentist office for wisdom tooth removal. Call us today at 406-565-4458 to schedule your consultation for tooth extractions or wisdom tooth removal in Butte, MT.
Reasons for Tooth Extractions
Tooth Decay or Trauma
- If a tooth is too decayed or broken to be saved with a tooth filling, root canal, or dental crown, it will need to be removed.
- When gum disease loosens or significantly damages a tooth, it will need to be extracted to prevent infection or damage to surrounding tissues, including your other teeth.
- Sometimes the mouth gets crowded with too many teeth, and it causes alignment issues. Another reason for extracting a tooth due to crowding is to prepare for orthodontic treatment.
Tooth Infection or Risk of Infection
- If tooth decay gets to the pulp inside the tooth, bacteria can invade the tooth and cause serious infection. When the infection is not addressed in time with a root canal, the infection can spread. In that case, the tooth should be extracted.
Preparation for Dental Implants or Dentures
- If you have unhealthy or missing teeth, we may recommend extracting the remaining teeth. This can be to prepare for dental implants, implant-supported dentures, or removable dentures. Depending on the procedure, we may be able to give you temporary replacement teeth until your final ones are ready.
Protect Teeth with Wisdom Tooth Removal
Wisdom teeth often erupt between the teenage years and the early 20s. The problem with wisdom teeth is that there often isn’t enough room in the mouth for these teeth, and as an added negative, they almost always grow in diagonally. As a result, wisdom teeth can disrupt your smile’s alignment or cause pain in the jaw or swelling of the gums.
To combat the negative effects of wisdom teeth, we can safely remove them. Butte Family Dental is the only dental office in Butte to provide wisdom tooth removal. Wisdom teeth removal can be completed before or after orthodontic treatments depending on your dental situation.
For added comfort, we provide a full spectrum of sedation options. Treatments with IV sedation allow you to get the care you need without facing the sights, sounds, or smells of the procedure.
We Will Take Care of You and Your Smile
Contact Butte Family Dental at 406-565-4458 for your painless wisdom tooth removal in Butte, MT or tooth extraction! Use our online form to ask questions regarding your care and to schedule your appointment as well. We will make sure you are calm and comfortable during your tooth extractions.