If you’re interested in dental implants, you may know that there is typically a waiting period after your implants are placed in your jaw. During this time, your implants fuse to the bone, creating a stable foundation for replacement teeth. Of course, if you’re missing teeth, you want to restore your smile ASAP. With one-day implants, it’s possible to get implants and a full arch of teeth in just one appointment.
To see if you’re a candidate for this procedure, call Butte Family Dental today at 406-565-4458. In the meantime, check out some of the reasons for choosing these kinds of dental implants:
- Enjoy Your New Smile Right Away – Your dentist will place your implants, then immediately attach an arch of replacement teeth to them. While those teeth are temporary, they allow you to enjoy normal activities like smiling and eating while your implants heal. Once implants have fully healed, you’ll get an arch of more permanent teeth.
- Spend Less on Your Treatment – As few as four implants are used to anchor your teeth. This is about half the number typically used for other kinds of implant dentures. Because fewer implants are used, your procedure will cost less.
- Possibly Avoid a Bone Graft – One requirement for implants is a jaw with enough bone mass to support them. That can be an issue if you’ve been missing teeth for a while. If you lack enough bone, you’ll need a grafting procedure before you can get dental implants. The technique used for one-day implants involves a different way of placing them. It makes better use of your remaining bone, so you may be able to get implants without a graft.
- Your Teeth Won’t Slip or Shift – Implants keep your new teeth firmly in place. You won’t need messy adhesive, and you won’t have to worry about your teeth popping out. Implants also keep you from suffering bone loss in your jaw. Since your jaw won’t shrink, your teeth won’t get loose over time. You’ll look younger and avoid the need for relining procedures.
- Eat a More Diverse Diet – The firm fit of your teeth allows you to eat all kinds of foods, not just softer ones. You’ll enjoy your meals more. You’ll likely be healthier too, with the ability to eat more nutritious foods.
Interested in one-day implants? Call us today at 406-565-4458 for an appointment in Butte, MT.