What if we told you by mid-summer that you would have a straighter smile? It’s possible with a short-term orthodontic solution called Six Month Smiles. This solution requires braces to straighten your teeth out, but they’ll be off right before you know it.
You can start your treatment — or simply come and here more — at our Butte, Montana dental office by calling us at 406-221-1487 or use the online form to request a visit.
Welcome to the Butte Family Dental blog. We hope you’re having a good start to the new year. If a smile improvement is on your list of New Year’s Resolutions, we have more than one option for you. Our cosmetic dentistry is both affordable and noninvasive. Some treatments are instant, while others may take a few weeks or months. Today we have a little more information about our great treatment Six Month Smiles.
How Six Month Smiles Works
Six Month Smiles is a short-term orthodontic system that is subtle and comfortable. We’re using clear aligners and brackets so the treatment blends in perfectly with the smile. The treatment is called Six Month Smiles because it only take six months to complete. There is another component of six that comes with this treatment. While Six Month Smiles is not a comprehensive orthodontic treatment, it does work best for the six teeth at the front of smile — we call these the Social 6. That means Six Month Smiles is ideal for patients with mildly crooked teeth.
We have used Six Month Smiles for patients who have had mildly alignment issues forever — or if you had tooth movement after a previous orthodontic treatment.
The brackets are easily placed. We’ll do that in just one visit. Once the brackets and wires are in place, the treatment will gradually move the teeth into a better position. You’ll only need to visit our office once every several weeks so we can make sure the treatment is on pace.
The Many Benefits of Six Month Smiles
Six Month Smiles has many benefits when compared with other orthodontic systems. While it is not a full-service orthodontic issue that will treat major bite issues, not every with crooked teeth needs comprehensive orthodontics. So, why spend the time and money on something when you can resolve your problem in one-fourth of the time and fraction of the cost. Here are some of the many benefits you’ll see with Six Month Smiles:
- Quick, straight smile (six months of less)
- People don’t notice the clear brackets and wires
- It’s cleaner and healthier (Braces can make it hard to clean your teeth, but you have less of risk of developing problems if you only wear the braces for six months.
- It’s affordable (You’ll spend less money on the treatment and follow visits)
- It’s for all ages (If you have mildly crooked teeth, gaps in your smile, or crowding, Six Month Smiles can most likely help you.)
What You Gain From Having Straight Teeth
There are both oral health and cosmetic dental benefits to having straight, beautiful teeth. It’s no secret that having a beautiful smile can give you more confidence. Being more confident in your smile can open the door to new personal and professional opportunities. Here are a few other benefits of having straight teeth:
- Straight Teeth are Easier to Clean — Having crooked teeth or crowded teeth can make it harder to clean your mouth. Cavity-causing plague loves to hide in hard-to-reach places of the mouth. By straightening your teeth, you can eliminate many of those hiding places.
- Straight Teeth Means Healthier Gums — Crowded or crooked teeth can increase your risk of having gum disease, too. Plague in the mouth can also lead to gum disease, which is the number one cause of missing teeth.
- Straight Teeth Decrease the Risk of Tooth Damage — When the teeth are not straight, you run the risk of unnatural wear and tear on your teeth. This can cause your teeth to wear down, inefficient chewing, or even increase the risk of tooth fractures.
Six Month Smiles is a solution that can help you correct your mildly crooked teeth. The treatment is quick, and the results will look great. We can give you an in-depth consultation when you call us today at 406-565-4458.